Sunday, February 3, 2008

Lee kuan Yew and those disillusioned others

Well, i will deviate from the norm here and put in something serious.
I have heard and seen enough from these monkeys (Link below),and Yes i myself was guilty of this act once. What i am about is the act of
Cursing LKY and his ideologies. This chap is smart and i think nobody will
say otherwise and his policies, his ideas, perhaps regimental and what not, have actually served singapore.

Look at our neighbours, look at myanmar or thailand or wherever.
I and many more foreigners would choose singapore.

Choose singapore for 1 fact and 1 fact only, Safety.
safety for my family,myself and my friends.

Do i hate not being able to be free?
Do i hate not being able to do what i want ?

Yes!

But despite all this, what would i choose?
I would choose singapore, Not that i am a patriot, God Forbid!! me a patriot?

"sacrilege" !!..most singapore bashers would have me hung for this thought.

I choose singapore because this is where my family is.
This is where they are Safe.
This is where they will have medical treatment even if they have no money( bill comes later)

look at this monkey

http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com

He and his fellow asswipe "foreigners" ( ex singaporeans, or ex cowardly traitors, not to the country, but to their fellow men) are constantly lambasting singaporeans under the GUISE of berating the singapore government.

Like i said i am no Patriot, I serve my national service ( with groans and moans) , yes perhaps i do it with much complaint. Yes i follow the laws, again with contempt. What does that make me?

Apathetic? a Coward?

i do it with only one thought in mind, and that is , "FOR my FAMILY!".

It has fed me, it has kept my family sheltered, fed and medically taken care of whenever we have needed it.

If this is Wrong then i am guilty. I have paid my dues and yes i complain about the taxes, about the low income, about the rising prices, about not having much choices and etc.

seriously, I would take this ANY DAY!! again and again with a whip to my KY-Jelly "ed" bottom.
as compared to the alternative.

The alternative?

Yes , "FREEDOM" with a torch in hand and a facade of political show that would win Thousands of academy awards if ever considered.

Is that freedom?, the slums? the poor? the bag lady's and ghettos and whatever?
Bankrupt states and debt ridden country?
How about the racism ( the type where they shoot you).

Maybe the British would be a better example, what with it being the queen's country and god's blah blah blah. With god's name we will steal, with god's name we will be racist's.

Is that what freedom is like? If it is then NO THANK YOU!...i will be glad to lubricate your sore ass and shove a big "freedom" banana up your poop chute! if you so desire.

I am free here, i might live under strict and almost regimented and perhaps archaic laws but it has served me.

It has served me as an Asian as a conservative person. I might not like it but hey "I AM HERE" assWipes and you are not!! I fight a daily battle from HERE!! and not from far away like a coward. It is easy to berate singapore constantly like a mad hyena. I do not need you traitors to fight my fight, i fight my own battle.

It is my home and no goddamn traitor can say anything about it.
Singapore might not be perfect, It might be stifling, but it is all i have.
I have family and friends who have left singapore, who might complain, but at least they know What home is. They know singapore's imperfections, but at least they do not go on bitchin about it one sided. An utopian society does not exist.

Chee soon juan might be dumb ( the way he does things) but i respect the guy for his incessant energy and form. He is HERE and Fighting the fight! He has gone to jail probably more times than any other prison inmate. He fights in his own way and i fight in my own. Through this we have seen change. A good leader who listens and most importantly ACTS!! and we have opposition in parliament ( unheard of before).

It is slow, but there is change.

Where has the great U.S of A been?, the govt has dragged it's people through the depths of Shit ville.

Seriously, Stop the drama of being a patriot. You want to be a patriot? Come on down here.

If not then just shut the hell up!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sour Grapes,

Your post has been featured in The Singapore Daily [singaporedaily.wordpress.com]. Happy Chinese New Year and keep blogging!

sandy said...

"I choose singapore because this is where my family is."
Agree. I was studied in Australia for two years, and had the opportunity to stay on work there. I came home. For my aging father, for my family.

"This is where they are Safe."
Uh-uh. Not sure about that now. Read about the guy punched up by an American at Wheelock House? What about the police on the take?

"This is where they will have medical treatment even if they have no money( bill comes later)"
Disagree. When I brought my father to the emergency ward, they demanded to see my NRIC (to check my CPF balance) before they would consider letting him in. And the bitch of a doctor who attended to him said loudly to her houseman partner, "I hate to deal with old men." I had to control myself to avoid punching her in the mouth. Yeas, I did send the hospital a letter of complaint.

Anonymous said...

Just wondering have you seen "V for vendetta".
Remember the person might die but the Idea will not.
"And the people should not be afraid of their civil servant but civil servant should be afraid of their people"
that's where voting comes in.
But in US case diebold machines vote for the people.

Anonymous said...

There are other countries in the world beside Singapore that you and your family can feel safe, without having to sacrifice freedom, equality, justice, and respect for human dignity. E.g. the Scandinavian countries, Australia, Europe.

Anonymous said...

My teacher asked me recently:
What work will you do when you grow up?

I said:
I will work diligently to build my home.
I will even work diligently to help build my neighbor's home
But I will not build palaces and towers.

I will work diligently to build playgrounds for my children in future.
I will even work diligently to help build playgrounds for my neighbor's children.
But I will not build playgrounds for the rich.

My teacher said: Well done, good and faithful servant.

Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

The Singapore model is built for stability. With stability comes progress.

The US model of democracy fails on stability. Republicans and Democrats have to slug it out and waste millions of dollars on elections... and if Ron Paul wins they may even have to cancel the wars on Iraq and Iran...

And the US has free roaming journos like Sander Hicks who will almost question everything, including Hillary's past. (By the way Sander Hicks even publishes his original interview with Straits Times in 2002, which of course appeared very much edited out when it went to print. The original Un-edited Straits Times interview of Sander Hicks is worth a good read !)

In comparison to USA, Singapore is heaven, and we know who to thank !

Big Sour Grape said...

i must say i am rather surprised how people are reacting to my comments, an idea is an unpublished dream.

Whether it is true in my case, it is for me to know, satire is my escape, laughter, has become my inspiration and my bane.

If i made you laugh, tell me it would make my day.

Thank you all.

Anonymous said...

Simply awesome. And here I thought my generation was the first to master dry wit. Seems I was wrong. ;)

All the best, Aron
here's my site too

Anonymous said...

Good job, cheers

Anonymous said...


Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve visited this blog before but after going through a few of the articles I realized it’s new to me. Regardless, I’m certainly pleased I discovered it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!