Wednesday, February 21, 2007

MUST OWN CAR

WE singaporeans are an obsessed LOt.

We loooooovvveee our cars.
We loooovvvveee to dress up our cars.
we looovvvveee to (..........fill in the blanks......) our cars.

this really pisses me off!

Firstly i just do not get it.
Before we get our cars, there are a ton of things we have to consider.

IT is not a simple purchase.

There is P.A.R.F, then there is the C.O.E, then The E.R.P, The insurance, the road tax, servicing and other stuff.

I went to a showroom once.
The conversation went,

salesman: do you want us to bid for you?

Me: No dude i just want to buy this car! No bidding required.

Salesman: ok then, we will give you our price and if the C.O.E is higher you will have to pay the difference.

Me: *scratching my head*...um OK?

Salesman: So do you know the P.A.R.F of this car?

Me: *pause* I think i'll walk.

Get what i mean?
Its too bloody confusing!

I told you, our government confuses us into submission.

The die hard fans, will go get the car. Wait for a month or so to get it, then drive around in their brand new shiny cars.

as for me, i will take my public transport, while
Harbouring Strong desires to scratch my neighbours car.

by the way, please don't ask me what C.O.E or P.A.R.F is?
I am still very much confused.

No comments: