Sunday, February 25, 2007

upgrading woes

One of our many Crazes.
We in Singapore are A crazed Lot
We Love a billion things.
We desire A Gazillion and ONE items.

My biggest woe, Lift Upgrading.

The facts
The govt housing board has gone on a rampage.
Rampage of building and adding new things to existing elements.
An obsession that threatens the very foundation this country is built on.

In this case, It is My building that shakes.
It all started with a rumble( deep in my tummy)
Had to poopy.

After when i finally awoke from my stupor(in the loo),
I realised the shaking continued!
Hmmmmnn..i thought, can't be after shocks from my recent activity.

Looked out of my window and lo behold!
i was surrounded by a construction crew, eerm my Building, i mean.

It had started.
The much dreaded LIFT UPGRADING!

LIFT UPGRADING the bane of my very existence.

I live on the second floor!
OK never mind That.
The process was painful enough, My story here is about what happened after.
So we continue, Finally the job was done (not my Poopy-ing).
The lift was completed.
Did the usual suaku thing ( suaku- mountain tortoise/villager), i went into it.
Just to try it out.
Did look Left and right , just to make sure nobody was watching and IN! i went.
Coool, i thought to myself.
Story ended?
No, just the beginning of my problems.

For you see, i have this condition.
The condition of "severe embarassment followed by guilt".
Like i said , i lived on the second floor.
I just don't know why but its tough getting into the lift.

There is this strange guilt.
Thoughts that somehow i don't have a right to use the lift.
That somehow i am depriving someone of the usage of this one lift.
Images flashing in my mind of someone on the verge of death, waiting, waiting for me to get out
of the lift.

I almost freaked out today.
Just when i was about to get into the lift, a bunch of people appeared out of nowhere and were heading straight for me, or so i thought.

There and then i had decided to press the lift button for the top floor, thinking that perhaps
then, these people would not give me nasty looks or worse throw used undies at me.
Imagine my relief when at the last minute , they turned to my right and walked away.

*phew* close call that one.
Looks like i have an allergic reaction.
To the lift.
No more lifts for me.
NO, nothing will change my mind.
Too much Stress.
I could get a heart attack you know!!

*sigh* my problems have just begun.

No comments: